“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength” – Theodore Roosevelt
A recent article flew though the interwebs charting the Worst Jobs in America.
Read it – here.
Out of the Top 10 – three were in the broadcast arena.
True – many broadcast friends have vacated – taking their talents in other directions.
In transition – look to Teddy Roosevelt for inspiration.
He was in love with the rodeo – and attended many of them.
But without cowboy skills – and an average horse – he never participated.
Roosevelt made his life – a rodeo.
Consider this snapshot of his journey:
- Born fragile with debilitating asthma
- Self-taught Zoologist
- After bullied became an accomplished boxer
- His mother – and his wife – died within 12 hours of each other
- Ran for President – and lost – in 1884
- Retired from politics moving to the Dakoda’s to start his own ranch – that bankrupted him
- Returns to New York – broke – and became Governor
- Formed The Rough Riders to fight Spain in Cuba
- Appointed Vice-President when then VP Garret Hobart passed
- Succeeded William McKinley after his 1901 assassination in Buffalo
- Served as President until 1909 – first term without a vice-president
- Finished a speech in 1912 with an assassin’s bullet in his chest
Your cheese is going to be moved.
When that happens, take a (brief) look in the rear view mirror.
Your life is full of accomplishments.
And – there’s more rodeos ahead.
Next Up: Name
Kevin Robinson is a record-setting and award-winning programmer. His brands consistently perform in the Top 3 of the target – often times as the list leader. In his 35 years of radio, he’s successfully programmed or consulted nearly every English language radio brand. Known largely as a trusted talent coach, he’s the only personality mentor who’s coached three different morning shows on three different stations in the same major market to the #1 position. His efforts have been recognized by The World Wide Radio Summit Radio & Records, NAB’s Marconi, Radio Ink and has coached CMA, ACM and Marconi winning talent. He is also a featured speaker to national groups and state associations. Kevin lives in Indiana with his wife of 33 years, Monica. Reach Kevin at (317) 769-0583 or email@example.com.